ReCoCo is the Recovery College Collective. An independent Charity that works in collaboration with the NHS and other statutory organisations to provide effective, evidenced based, educational approaches to people in recovery from trauma and disadvantage.
Recoco’s aims are to:
- Provide a peer led, peer delivered education and support service where people can learn from each other’s insights, skills and lived experience.
- Nurture a community of warriors and survivors towards a sense of belonging and acceptance for who, what and how they are.
- Enable connection and friendship
- Provide opportunities that allow students to aspire to be their best selves.
- Identify and recognise their innate strengths and talents, and their ability to help others.
- Promote recovery through peer led education and other peer led activities.
- Provide a focus for peer leadership, peer support and recovery orientated practice.
- Be directed by people who use (or have used) mental health services.
- Enable collaboration between mental health service providers and organisations that support these aims.
Patients can enrol themselves via the website, email, telephone or in person.
1, Carliol Square
Newcastle upon Tyne