Zero Tolerance Policy
Thornfield Medical Group operates a zero tolerance policy to all and will not tolerate any abuse towards its staff, doctors or other patients. This could be physical, verbal or online abuse. GPs and staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked, abused or treated badly in any way.
To successfully provide our services a mutual respect between staff and patients has to be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients' individual needs and circumstances. We would respect-fully remind patients that very often staff could be confronted with a multitude of varying and sometimes difficult tasks and situations, all at the same time.
Aggressive behaviour, be it physical, verbal or online, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the practice list and, in extreme cases, the Police being contacted.
In order for the practice to maintain good relations with our patients we would like to ask all our patients to read and take note of the occasional types of behaviour we see that would be found unacceptable:
- Using bad language, swearing or shouting at practice staff.
- Any physical violence towards any member of our team or other patients.
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including shouting.
- Racial abuse, discrimination or sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot be met.
- Being perceived to bully a staff member to obtain something.
- Causing damage/stealing from the practice's premises, staff or patients.
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently.